Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kishore 19 posts 40 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 11:00
    Kishore

Flashing blank screen before loading page [Urgent pls]

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue while loading the page content in the browser [all browsers], a white blank screen appears for few milli seconds before the actual content of the page which spoils the smooth navigation between pages.

I've tried enabling page caching, macro caching but no luck. How can I improve the page navigation without the flashing blank screen before loading the page content.

Appreciate your earliest response in this regard as we have deployed to live environment.

Thanks

Kishore

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 11:36
    Rich Green

Hey,

This isn't an Umbraco issue, it's either a problem with your host or your mark up.

Rich

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 11:43
    Lee Kelleher

I agree with Rich, it's related to the loading of resources ... (nothing to do with Umbraco directly) ... things like moving your JavaScript references to the bottom of the HTML could help?

If you use a browser like Chrome or Firefox (with Firebug installed), then take a look at the Developer/Network tab/console, it will show you loading times for each resource.  Once you've figured out your initial bottleneck, then install the YSlow plugin - this will recommend other improvements.

Good luck!

Cheers, Lee.

Nov 25, 2011 @ 12:02
    Kishore

Thanks Rich and Lee. I'm working on it and keep you guys posted.

Cheers, Kishore

Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:27
    Kishore

Hi Rich and Lee,

I've tried all the possibilities as per your suggestions. YSlow scored 85 overall. But still the site shows the blank flashing screen for few milliseconds.

Is there something to do with the number of macros tobe placed inside a template. Because in some templates we are using more than 10 macros to render the dynamic content.

I'm still scratching my head around to find the cause of the issue.

If you guys throw some light would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kishore

Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:31
    Rich Green

Hi Kishore,

The macros you are talking about run server side, this means that get run *before* the html gets returned to the browser, therefore the problem you are experiencing has nothing to do with Umbraco or Umbraco macros.

I would take a copy of your rendered code (load the page in question in the browser and then save the html) then load this page and see if you get the same problem (this will take Umbraco completely out of your equation).

Rich

Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:48
    Kishore

Thanks Rich.

As you said I tried saving the page as HTML and loaded in the browser and its true. One of the JS file causing the issue and not with any of the umbraco framework.

Thanks again Rich for your valuable suggestions and you are life saver because my mind dint work to look at the simplest approach rather than going for hard.

Regards

Kishore

Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:54
    Rich Green

Hey Kishore,

No problem.

Happy to hear you have it solved :)

All the best

Rich

• Shruti Jain 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 14, 2014 @ 16:22
    Shruti Jain

Hi Kishore

I am facing the exact same issue. Could you please share how you realised what was hurting.

Thanks

Shruti 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft